REFERENCE: Sliven Cross Road
Preparation of technical design of project: “Reconstruction of the cross road “Bratya Miladinovi” Blvd. – “Hristo Botev” Blvd. – “Georgi Danchev” Blvd. – “Burgas road” Blvd. – “Radoy Ralin” Str. – “Rozova gradina” junction; Sliven
The purpose of the project is reconstruction of a junction “Rozova Gradina” between the boulevards “Bratya Miladinovi”, “Hristo Botev”, “Georgi Danchev”, “Bourgassko shose” and “Radoi Ralin” street, which will improve the organization of the traffic through a circular crossroad, performed as a classic crossroads with “Island” – in the form of a stretched oval.
The technical design concerns the construction of a new reinforced concrete bridge over the Novoselska River, rehabilitation of an existing bridge over the river, a new organization of movement including a bicycle and the displacement of existing engineering networks within the crossing.
New reinforced concrete bridge
- The width of the roadway is 8.35 m, including two strips 4.00 m and a leading strip with a width of 0.35 meters;
- The superstructure is designed to be built from 10 pcs. beams with a height of 60 cm and a width of 125 cm, combined with padding plate with a thickness ranging from 18 cm to 39 cm;
- The connection between the superstructure and the substructure is realized by elastomeric bearings of 400/250/63 m;
- Dilatation joints are a “hidden” type;
The bridge provides a horizontal gauge on the roadway of 8.35 m, a pavement block with a width of 3.80 m and grassed area on a structure of the same width.
Rehabilitation of an existing bridge
- The bridge is with two spans with length of 2×8.00 m and total length L = 19.00 m;
- Investigation of bridge construction and detection of defects and damages;
- Preparing a package of measures to ensure trouble-free operation of the bridge;
- Changing the gauge of the bridge according to the new organization of movement.
- The crossroads are planned to be an island with the shape of a stretched oval;
- Radius of inner circle – 15.00 m;
- Radius of outer circle – 23.00 / 27.00 m;
- The transverse slope of the roadway in the facilities is one-sided – 2.5%, with a direction towards the outer edge of the roadway, outside the facilities is 2.0% with a direction towards the outer edge.